Adult Care Services FAQ's

Q: Will Medicare cover in home care and what will my co-pay be?

A: Home Health services are 100% covered by Traditional Medicare with no out of pocket expense to the patient. Medicare Replacement Plans may have an associated expense depending on the plan. Our financial counselor will help you determine if you will have any co-payments due for home health services.

Q: What would my co-pay be with my specific type of insurance?

A: We will need to run your specific policy to determine any out of pocket expenses. We have a financial counselor available to assist with determining benefit coverage and patient expenses.

Q: Will they clean my house?

A: Medicare only covers services for a skilled medical need. There are some Medicaid programs available that offer attendant services such as light housekeeping. You must apply and qualify for those programs through the Department of Aging and Disability. You can reach them at 877-317-2121.

Q: Do I have to quit driving to get home health?

A: Medicare requires that patients receiving home health services meet their requirement of homebound status. To be considered homebound, leaving the home must be a taxing effort for the patient and trips outside the home must be infrequent and of short duration.

Q: Can I get an Aide to help me bathe and/or cook?

A: If you have a skilled need for a nurse or therapist and qualify, an Aide may be able to come and assist you with bathing, dressing, and grooming. Medicare benefits do not cover services such as cooking and light housekeeping. Even if your physician orders such services, Medicare does not cover them.

Q: Can I get a nurse to come and care for me at home and go to Outpatient to receive my physical therapy?

A: Only if you are in need of therapy that cannot be provided in the home, such as a whirlpool.

Q: I am on service with another agency right now but I am not happy with their care. How can I switch to your company?

A: We can assist you with that process. Once we have your information we can contact your physician to obtain orders. Once we have received those, you will be able to contact your current agency and request a discharge. The discharge must be requested by the patient or physician.

Q: Do I have to have a doctor’s order to get nursing or therapy service?

A: Yes, you must have a physician’s order to receive nursing or therapy services and your physician must follow your care. We will be happy to contact your physician and request an order for home health services for you.

Q: Will you come and do a home safety evaluation?

A: If you are admitted to home health services with a qualifying need, our nursing and/or therapy staff will assess your home for possible hazards and safety concerns. We cannot provide a safety evaluation to patients not receiving home health services.

Q: Can you come to the (my workplace/hospital) to provide services?

A: Services must be provided in your home or temporary residence and cannot be provided in a facility that provides healthcare services.

Q: Can you provide care to a resident in an Assisted Living Facility?

A: Yes, as long as the facility is not providing any services (nursing and/or therapy) that the home health agency will be providing.

Call us to learn about how we can help you!